Help a grad student with her diabetes research project!

I was recently contacted by a graduate student named Amanda Marie Roberts, who is studying Clinical Health and Psychology at U. of Florida. Amanda is conducting a study of stress, social support, and sleep among parents of children with diabetes. Participants will complete a survey that takes approximately 30 minutes and asks about the stress of parenting a child with diabetes and their interactions in online diabetes forums like this one. For each person who completes the survey, a $5 donation will be made to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). She is seeking 100 parents to participate.

In order to take part in this research, your child must have Type 1 Diabetes, must live with you at least 50% of the time, and you must be primarily responsible for their diabetes care. You must also be a member of an online forum for Type 1 Diabetes, like this one, for at least one month.

This research is approved by the University of Florida Institutional Review board (IRB # 2012-U-0075).

If you qualify, please fill out the survey!

If you have questions, please feel free to contact Amanda.M.Roberts@phhp.ufl.edu

I wish I could participate! This sounds great!