Hi everyone!

Just thought I’d introduce myself to the group, I first started having vision problems about 18 months ago when I noticed words on the computer screen started to appear wavy in my left eye. A trip to the eye doctor and he said I had scarring from broken blood vessels, and sent me to have laser. To make a very long story short I’ve since had a vitrectomy and the left retina reattached, and have about 20/400 vision in my left eye. I’ve had numerous laser in my right eye and several Avastin injections in both. My doc said I’ve had about all the laser I can in my right eye and it was “stable” on my last exam, so I am just trying my best to keep my BG under control. Hope to have some good discussions with you guys, and hope your eyes are OK.

Hi Jonothan,

Sorry to hear you’ve had vision problems, and I know where you are coming from. I’ve had 2 vitrectomies (1 per eye), more laser than there was in Star Wars Episode III, and lens replacement in both eyes. I had to get my retina reattached as well (but in my right eye).

All this happened in the late '90s into early '00s (except the lens replacements, which came later). I haven’t had laser for over 6 years now, and the condition of my eyes is steady. The tight BG control can really help. It took me a long time to get there, but since I have been the diabetes complications are stabilizing.

-Bill