Hi everyone!

I’m new here My name is Jennifer and I’m 27, a full time college student with other disabilities and have discovered earlier this month that I’m type 2 diabetic. I will be talking to my doctor soon about managing this, but right now, I’m trying not to be too scared and depressed. I had a feeling about being borderline or early stages when I went to my yearly appointment for my blood pressure medicine. (I had high blood sugar twice on their blood tests 120 and 168 both fasting). After the test that measures the past three months, he’s diagnosed me as mild diabetes. I will find out more the end of this month when I can get to the doctor.

It’s really nice to find a site to talk to people who understand. Everyone around me tells me not to worry, but it’s not so much worrying as having people who understand it better, you know?

I know exactly how that feels! I was diagnosed with Type 1 at 10 years old. I had never heard of diabetes before, and there was no one around that could share my experiences. I had people tell me they knew exactly how i felt. Truth is…they didn’t. After almost 11 years of having diabetes I still don’t personally know any other diabetics. Which is why I search for places like this. People who DO know how I feel and what I’m going through! You’re not alone! =)