Hidden Cape

I am an emotional wreck but I don’t show it. I am always in pain but I hide it well. My strength outshines my weakness. My roar is loud like a lion but it’s mostly missed or misunderstood.
My paranoia is constant.
The bravery I show when getting my eyes tested will never be understood.
The fear and worries that come with the highs can not be comprehended.
I take my injections like a supermodel walking the catwalk, they hurt as much as those high heels but I keep going down the run way.
The lows feel like there incapable of being conquered but I take control.
My cape is hidden but I am still a superwoman,because I deal with type 1 diabetes everyday.

12 Likes

. . . and you are anything but alone. Hugs :sunny:

2 Likes

Thank you David.
I am far from lonely thank God for the Internet. :grimacing:

1 Like

All bright blessings to you, lovely friend. You are indeed a superwoman, and we cherish you here at TuD…xx000…Judith

2 Likes

Thank you.
Sorry I haven’t been on much lately but holidays and motherhood duties are over taking everything.
How are you?
Best thoughts and wishes.:kiss::kiss:

2 Likes

I’m kind of depressed and scared following our election results. Scared not just for me, but for friends and family members who are feeling threatened…It’s a Dark Time here.

We’re having a rather frigid winter, but, thankfully, we can afford heating oil…Mundane concerns—but so it goes…

Delighted to hear from you again, as always…Blessings, sweetie…Judith

1 Like

Aww bless you are you taking any medication for your depression?
Do you have someone you can talk to?
It’s the same over in the U.K Judith, to many changes and not even care or consideration.
We just making ends meet but I am humbled and greatful for everything I have.
Big massive hugs lovely

Your poem was so lovely, and true, and sad. It made me tear up a bit. My son is the T1D in the family.

You are a superwoman.

2 Likes

Thank you I mostly write when I am feeling a certain way about his disease. Feel free to read them. Some our hardcore but it’s a way for me to deal with what I am feeling.
How is your son doing?
How is your family doing?
Diabetes affects the entire family not just the diabetic.:cry:

1 Like

The boy is doing very well so far. Right now he is well controlled, and he is doing almost all of it himself. In fact, his gut on dosing is often better than mine. But it is costing him a lot of sleep. At the end of the school week he is really tired - I have to wake him up a lot at night (or he wakes himself up from his CGM alarm).

As for us, his brother is in college so he does not get much impact. My wife is a serene person, good at riding with the flow. And for me, it’s killing me that I can’t solve this for him:-)

2 Likes

I understand your statement, but be careful about how your son might receive that feeling. I was diagnosed at age 5, and felt really bad when my parents said things like that. I know they intended it to be a message of love, but…
Support him, and maybe think of it more like team work to share your successes and struggles together.

This feeling is reserved for the rare moments my wife and I have together, I totally agree with your point. I truly feel for what you must have felt as a child. It feels so wrong that the 5-year-old you were must have matured so fast.

Aww diabetics hardly get sleep to be honest. I can’t imagine what my parents went through when I was small. Your love,support and encouragement is what will give him that boost he needs.
This morning I am very tired woke up high,one of my little girls was up vomiting last night. Let’s say today is going to a long day but we have to get through it.

2 Likes