How long are Dexcom G5 transmitters good in the box?

Hi guys

From what I understand the transmitters are good for 90 days (officially). I just got a warning from my first ever G5 transmitter saying I have 22 days left.

Say I was to order a new transmitter now, if I wait another month to activate it, will it effect the 90 day official rating? They give a 90 day “guarantee” from the date you receive the transmitter, right?

Thanks

The warranty is 90 days from when started, assuming you start within designated time period from order/receive date.

Check G5 user guide here for details, chapter 14.

We usually activate my mother’s G5 transmitter more than 2 months after we receive it, and we can get it to last a couple weeks past the 90 days. (We did have one die halfway through, for no apparent reason, but Dexcom replaced it, which is why we are now activating almost 3 months after receipt.) So no worries; you should be good.

Great thanks everyone! For anyone interested this is what it says in the dexcom manual, as MM1 posted:

Dexcom, Inc. (“Dexcom”) provides a limited warranty to the original purchaser that the Dexcom G5 Mobile transmitter is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the period commencing on the date of first use by the original purchaser (the “Date of First Use”) and expiring three (3) months thereafter; provided, that, the Date of First use occurs within five (5) months of the date of shipment (or disbursement) of the transmitter to the original purchaser.

5 months you have before starting the transmitter.

2 Likes