How much do you feel comfortable letting yourself go up?

I’m not on any medications, so my morning fasting numbers are usually between 100 and 110. Today I got a 106. I had my normal breakfast, which has about 30 carbs in it, and rose to 127 at a hour and 45 minutes, which is usually the highest point for me.

Is that a reasonable increase? From personal experience I know the number will decline back down over the next few hours but it won’t get lower than 106 today unless I wait a really long time to eat lunch. I know a lot of people eat no-carb breakfasts and I wonder whether doing so is advisable or if there is anything wrong with what I am eating now.

anything under 140 for 2 hours post meal is good control though this article from the ADA has a higher number http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/checking-your-blood-glucose.html

The increase is pretty good, and i 127 postprandial is pretty good. My rule of thumb is <140 1 hr postprandial and <120 2 hr postprandial but normal my numbers are <120 and <110 respectively. The fasting numbers are higher that i would like for myself. fasting i try to keep myself between 85-95 and on average i would say i am around 87.

What are your evening (before bedtime) numbers.Since your not on meds, you might want to try having a glass of wine with dinner to help your evening numbers stay lower which in turn might help your morning fasting numbers.

Going low(er) carb will certainly help with BG, but if the only number that is wacked out is fasting, you want to try a couple things first (like the wine) before totally changing your diet.