How to help people with diabetes affected by the Ukraine conflict

Dear Friends of Spare a Rose,

In light of the war against Ukraine, in support of People with Diabetes of Ukraine, and to provide guidance to members of the global diabetes community wanting to help, Spare a Rose is launching Spare a Rose for Ukraine!

Spare a Rose for Ukraine will run throughout March, with all donations earmarked to support people with diabetes in and out of Ukraine. Donations will be directed to Insulin for Life, a registered charity with over two decades of experience providing insulin and diabetes supplies to under-resourced countries, and responding to emergencies. Their international consortium and network in Europe, with partners in Ukraine and neighboring countries, has supplies ready to go if and when and where needed.

If you want to help, please consider donating to Spare a Rose for Ukraine!

The Spare a Rose for Ukraine initiative has been endorsed by the International Diabetes Federation European Region (IDF Europe).

#SpareARose

Donate: https://sparearose.org/

8 Likes

Thank you Mika! I have been worried about the many people fleeing Ukraine and wondering how people with diabetes are managing. Donating to this organization is a very good idea and a way to make us feel a bit less helpless.

6 Likes

I researched this org and they seem legit. They have been around for many years and focused mainly on insulin for those who can’t afford it.

So I’m going to drop some money on this one. I cant imagine with all the other hell that they experiencing, they also need to worry about running out of insulin.

7 Likes