How to restart G6 transmitter?

In Canada I’m paying $299 a month CDN (I guess about $235 USD) which covers sensors and transmitters, they deliver.
With a couple early failures and tear-offs and a re-use or two, I now have a backup supply of sensors. And I usually get 100 plus days from a transmitter, so I’ve got a cushion there as well.

3 Likes

I think @Robyn_H knows the price in the US. I believe they are just under $300, and then you have to buy a transmitter every 100-110 days. That is why it becomes hugely beneficial to do restarts because you can really bring down the price if you have to pay for them… I have been lucky and never had to buy them, my insurance has always covered them. I just like restarts.

I’m Canadian too and here in Edmonton, Alberta, the transmitters are now $29 each from a pharmacy and the sensors are $113 each or just under $340 per a box of 3.
Haven’t tried Costco here cause there’s only 2 people in our household so we prefer not to buy in bulk.

2 Likes

if you saved your transmitters, switching the batteries are your best bet…just look for videos and avoid soldering…its not necessary and you also have to look up the restarting process for 81****…also don’t do them too far ahead of time, when you switch they are working/no off option… the 6s are a little easier than the 4s and 5s and some users are able use a flexible silicon to reuse the same transmitters

2 Likes

I think you meant $299 each

No, it t was $65.71 for 2 transmitters on June 14, 2022 from Safeway pharmacy.
Something I was very happy to see. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Safeway pharmacy? Safeway pharmacies in Calgary dont carry Dexcom :thinking:

Maybe you should check again. I’ll try and post the receipt I have from mid-June. One second…

The receipt is for 2 boxes of Sensors (3 in each box) and 2 transmitters.

2 Likes

@Sheryl I’ll have to inquire next time I’m there. Thanks for the heads-up :+1:

2 Likes

Yes! Dexcom told me that the last time I called to order supplies. I just pick them up at Safeway now!

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t know if I can do the battery thing but I will try to read as much information as I can. And I may be posting more questions about that soon.

thank goodness my Endo has given me a spare sample transmitter and sensor. I just started the transmitter I’m using about three weeks ago I think so I’m OK for a while. I’m still calling everybody involved to see what the earth is going on with the coverage for the transmitter.

Unfortunately the sensor I just restarted got knocked off my leg by the door I guess the adhesive had gotten less sticky and I should’ve put a patch over it I don’t do that anymore because it causes terrible irritation from me. So I wonder if there’s a way to stick the sensor back in that came out? Lol

So you are getting two transmitters and six sensors for that price? Are you paying out-of-pocket for this it’s not covered for you in Canada? I need to know this because we are moving back to Canada eventually.

1 Like

Wow that is expensive for with insurance but is that ins through a job or the general health ins? I will be on the latter once we establish residence.

1 Like

Unfortunately only for insulin-dependant Albertan’s under the age of 18

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/health-continuous-glucose-monitor-coverage-under-18-factsheet.pdf

1 Like

That is good😀 Is non group insurance the general ins through the gov but blue cross manages it? I hope you find something soon. I likely will not be able to due to age and all my degrees etc are here. It will have to be something like petsitting etc.

1 Like

I am allergic to the opsite now too, but it doesn’t always get really bad, I don’t know why. I get huge terribly itchy welts and have to take it off and use an rx foam steroid.

1 Like

You can try iv3000 I am not allergic to that one.
I’m actually fine with dexcom too but I’m allergic to just about all the pump infusion sets.

If I put down iv3000 before I put in my set, I have much better luck.

2 Likes

Thank you I am going to try those- I just got another huge irritation this time it’s outside where the stuff is but it’s itchy under the sensor too. By the way, I tried the skin tack at some point and that made me worse. I am super sensitive to everything and it doesn’t happen every time so I really have no clue what is going on here. Just something in my body etc vs anything on my skin etc.

Yesterday I was wondering if I could of been bitten by a spider and that’s what caused this thing but this has happened before outside of where the opsite is, but not as bad usually.

Fortunately the clobetasol foam helps the itching a lot. But for the itching under the sensor there’s not much I can do with the opsite over it etc. when I just had the sensor with just the Dexcom thing I’ve had very little itching since being on the G6.

1 Like