How to turn off basal?

Can I turn off my basal or can I only suspend it for two hours at a time? I don't need my basal during the day right now and really would like to turn it off.

I believe your best course of action is to enter a new basal....as close to zero as possible. What is happening? I dont understand how you dont need a basal!

You can do a temp basal at -0% (or off) I think up to 12 hours but you'll have to set this every day.Check and see if you can put in a basal setting of 0 throughout the day and then whatever is needed for the rest of the time.

Like Steve, wondering what's up that you don't require any basal at all?

But his suggestion is likely the best. Unless it's a one time thing? Then you should just do a temp basal at 0% for the amount of time you want it off. If you suspend instead of doing a temp basal, it will continue to beep at you at the end of that time period until you "acknowledge" that the basal profile has been resumed. If you just do a temp basal at 0%, it will beep once to let you know it's done, but won't keep hassling you to acknowledge the resumed basal.

You can turn on a temporary basal for up to 12 hours... just scroll all the way down past -95% and you'll get to "off". I'm not sure but you could probably also make a basal program with 0 units during the day.

Thanks!! I have been at .05 basal and still having lots of lows, so my CDE and I decided to turn off my basal during the day and just bolus for food right now. I am in an extended honeymoon right now. Now that I figured it out I have had some great workouts without needing to eat constantly! I just didn't realize I could turn it off, so thank you!

Enjoy your honeymoon!