Humalog or Novalog

Since i was 6 i have been on novalog insulin. Well they are rasing the cost of novalog so we switched to humalog. What is the diffrence between the 2 or is there any?

Many people have different experiences between the two brands. For some people, Novolog lasts longer than Humalog. Others are visa versa.

I made the switch from Humalog to Novolog (called NovoRapid in Europe and Canada) last year. I find that Novolog starts working a bit more quickly for me, but it was not a major difference. I could easily use either.

You may as well try it and see how it works for you!

I use Humalog. I switched for a few months to Novalog because a long term diabetic friend told me that his lows were less painful with it. I had no such symptoms, but tried it out to see if I could feel any difference.

What I discovered was that Novalog was slow to bring my BG level down, and it took more insulin overall to make a corrective bolus. I was told by my endo that Humalog and Novalog are virtually identical, but my body (BG response) reacts much better to Humalog.

I noticed the same thing when I tried Novolog and Apidra(my doctor suggested it). I went back on Humalog. I’ve been using it since I was 10, and It works so no need to change.

For me, Humalog caused a huge allergy and took more and more to work effectively.
As I said on another thread, supposedly the action curve is a bit different but everyone reacts differently to it anyway, so who knows?

I know some people report that they notice different action times, but I’ve tried both and notice no difference at all.

I tried Humalog in my pump for one site change, and noticed I was going to need to start upping my basals and carb ratios a tiny bit as I was running higher than normal. So I switched back next site change. Didn’t want to futz around with changing stuff.

I use humalog and it seems to work well for me. I have never tried novalog. Tell me if you have different experiences with them. I think it would be interesting.