Hypoglycemia unawareness

Hypoglycemia unawareness.

I told you that after my April on the Amazone affair, I would put my nose to the grindstone. I needed a change from dreaming about 20 feet long crocodiles and my less than 6 feet tall body that would fit into a hollow molar of one of these beast, it was time for a change.

When your blood glucose goes too low, such as when you use too much insulin, your body releases hormones that counteract this.
Some of these hormones cause the symptoms of low blood glucose, such as shaking and sweating.

However when your blood glucose levels are chronically low , these hormones are’t released until your blood glucose level goes extremely low. Because of this, you don’t know when your blood glucose level is starting to go low. This is called hypoglycemia unawarenes.

When, however, you do reach these very low blood glucose levels, your body floods your bloodstream with insulin-opposing hormones.
Your blood glucose now goes too high. Thus, your blood glucose levels swing from high to low and “brittle diabetes” occurs.

I had to read this over a couple of times to know what they talk about. I know that all of you are far smarter than the average bear.
I hope this is of interest.

JB, just got back from crocodile land.