Improvements

Just visited the vampire -er… i mean… doctors this past Tuesday. Got a call with the lab results today, and my latest A1C is 5.3!!! I also found out recently that I have lost about 25 lbs since Feb! I haven’t really been doing anything other than sticking to my diet, trying to move more at work, and occasionally taking evening walks. I’m excited to see what happens when I get back in the gym. The awesome A1C actually came as a surprise. The past couple of weeks I had been running a bit high (for no discernible reason… most likely stress from work). I had also been cheating an average of 3 meals per week… which when i write it like that, it doesn’t sound as bad as it did in my head. Oh well, can’t justify it. I know better, and don’t want to fall off the wagon. I am currently at 225lbs, and would love to get down to or below 200. I guess that is my next goal. It was nice to realize I now fit into clothes that I haven’t been able to wear for 2 years. I also went down several belt sizes. I bought a new, smaller one back in May, and now I’m on the last hole on it too. I feel awesome. This is probably long and rambling because I am running on very little sleep, and just got back from playing lazer tag with friends and co-workers. It’s off to bed for me. Good night, and best wishes to the community.

Woo-hoo, Erik! That’s fantastic. Happy for the great news. Nothing as motivating as seeing hard work yielding results.

that’s really great, nice to hear about how making small changes and keeping to them (for the most part) has led to such dramatic results.

Congrats, Erick !! That A1c is terrific. I have never had one under 6.0 and I am jealous. You lowered it because you were working hard to do it. Your work has paid off.