Infusion Sets, CGM, and Insertion Sites

I am somewhat underweight, so I am not the best person in the world for finding or choosing sites for my infusion sets and sensors. I recently had a couple “Insulin Flow Blocked” messages, although once I confirmed them they were fine. I don’t know if I have been using the same sites too long (I normally use my upper body, swapping sides for my infusion set & sensor). I have thought about using other sites, but they never sounded like they would work very well. What sites do you use? How often do you get no delivery alerts? Do you have any suggestions on what sites to use?

I use my side for the set. I rotate with 3 areas on the right side and 3 areas on the left side. For my senor I use the upper 1/3 of the thigh rotated from right to left. What works for me might not work for you.

Hi. When I change my pump site I can use many areas. Front of the leg (the thigh), 2” around the belly button,back of the arm, hips, and of course there is the area just below your rib cage. The cannula is very short and doesn’t go in very far so the amount of fat is a big myth. Everyone has layers of skin so just pinch it up to get a good stick. As far as the sensor goes it’s the same thing, you can use the inside of the arm for this too, just pinch the skin to insert the cannula on that too. Just keep the two at least 2-3 inches from each other.
I’ve never gotten that message on my pump. I have Omni pods that are tubeless, I love them. It is rare for me to have any message to say “insulin delivery has stopped”. I try very hard to rotate every where I can. You tube has some crazy videos to help if you need the visual.

Not sure I helped or if I did this right.

1 Like

I used to get no-delivery all the time, using Quick Sets. Once I changed (more than a decade ago, prolly about 14 years ago) to Sure-T’s–no more issues other than about once every 2 years.

If you are using a 630G or 670G and you have it on fast delivery it is best to turn it on regular delivery.

I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

If you are using a 630G or 670G and you have it on fast delivery it is best to turn it on regular delivery.
How is that going to solve a no-delivery issue?