Insulin/supplies stash needs

You need to get your doc to bump up your prescribed dose until you can build a buffer. Start calling your doc’s office and tell them you are running out of insulin and the pharmacy won’t refill. I mean we hear stories about kids without insurance dying because they couldn’t get their insulin refilled. But heck unless you start making a lot of phone calls you will have insurance but be unable to get your insulin refilled.

My college age kids call things like doing taxes and calling doctors offices and doing laundry, “adulting”. I hate adulting even though I’ve been eligible for AARP membership for several years now. I honestly never imagined when I was diagnosed nearly 40 years ago that I would live past my 30’s, much less to being this old.

Second that, for everyone who runs short on supplies due to doctors not making prescriptions generous enough. I’ve never had an endo short me on any of my supplies. Now if I could just get Medicare to give me just one more sensor per month, I’d be totally set. :slight_smile: As it is, I’m wearing the G6 for about 20 days this time. Last time it was only good for 14.

That is our stash for 2 people, thanks mostly to our previous endo who gave us insulin at each visit.

1 Like

I’m trying. I left work the other day to drive an hour for sensors. I got 'em. I was out for a week. I’m feeling really good about that, now that everyone at work is getting the sniffles. My doc is a handful. I’m still shopping for a better one. I’ve got names.

My insulin is on a schedule. Usually arrives when I’m on my last 2 bottles. I’ve never had an interruption. However it could be a problem if something happened when I was down to the end. I keep emergency long acting insulin on hand for emergencies. I would just use that if I needed to.
I think the inhaled insulin might be a good thing in emergencies because it has a long shelf life