Internal CGM?

So I can't get a CGM without massive fighting because I have state insurance.
I always hear people talking about the arrows double down, straight across, going up, etc.
Is it weird that I feel like I sort of internally feel these trends?
I know when I'm dropping fast... I get the same symptoms as a low.
I bolus less when I feel this way.
I also know when I'm headed upwards too fast.
Anyone else able to feel this?

Yes, tight control will allow you to feel your highs and lows. The longer you are diabetic though reduces your ability to feel it.
I went on CGM about 6 months ago and I was nearly completely unaware of my sugars.
After just a few months of very tight control. my awareness came back. It is sort of a mixed blessing because I can not always trust it is giving me accurate feelings.
Sometimes highs feel low and lows feel high. It is hard to explain since I was without any awareness for so long I am not very good at sorting it all out just yet.
I depend heavily on my CGM

Been diabetic over 11 years. I try to have tight control. I can tell when I go down to 70. Knew it when I was walking around Macy's yesterday & popped my glucose tab. Yes I correct at 70. I correct at 160, too, since 1 unit can reduce me 35-40.
The only thing that tells me I'm high, tho, is blurred vision. That's a lousy sign. Wish I could find a different one. I don't believe in the "longer you have diabetes" you lose ability to feel them. I think it's a matter of always getting quickly out of the highs and lows and sticking with 100. WYSIWYG