iPhone Diabetes Applications

I was searching itunes App store and found a lite version, but its not even close to what the full version is. No email, no way to get the info off of your iPhone/iTouch.

I have started using Restaurant Nutrition. I had it before, but that was before my daughter was diagnosed. Now I carry a book, and I always have my iTouch with me, so this will be a great tool.

I did this last friday and got the code Sunday. Also I think it was a web wide invite.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I’ve developed an app for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Islet 2.0 allows entry of glucose, insulin, food, and exercise data. Backdating is possible. You can email comma-separated lists to export the data. Graph all types of data - view high, average, and low data on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Export full-size graphs. $2.99 on the App Store - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=2….

I am actively developing this app still and would love to hear some feedback! You can find more information and screenshots here: http://www.iabetics.com

Thanks,

-Mike

I just saw a free app called Close Call which is like a medic alert for your IPhone / ITouch it is free and worth it at twice the price if ever needed. I did not create it but felt it was worth passing on to those of you who would use it!!!

I can’t see myself using any of these applications until/unless I can download data direction from my meter. The meter already has my BG data and I don’t want to manually enter that. One of my meters allows me to enter the amount of carbohydrate and the insulin dose as well.
If I was on a pump I would expect that I could dump all that information and upload to a web site or to the iPhone.

I don’t use a log book now either. I dump the data from my meter using HealthEngage

OneAppOneCause just got a whole new batch of coupons for a free Glucose Buddy.
if you took the survey already and didn’t get a free coupon, and still want one, send me a private message.
If you didn’t take the survey, then check it out at www.oneapponecause.com and I’ll send you a redeemable coupon afterwards. And the company donates $1 to the JDRF or ADA for every unique survey they get.
So basically it’s a win-win-win.

Khurt,
How are you liking HealthEngage?

Mike I’ve tried A LOT of apps, and when you input the use of a decimal point, yours WILL be the best. Hope you do this soon!!! (please)

Hi Beth,

Thanks!

Islet 2.1 has been submitted to Apple for approval, and adds decimal support for insulin entries, in addition to:

-backup/restore the underlying database to/from a computer
-customize the look of the graph
-Spanish language support
-customizable Insulin types

-Mike

Mike that is great!!! f course now that I’ve been using it for a week or so, I have one other request:
A comment line, not drop down. For example to say sick or under activity to place cardio or weights, and changed pump site, etc But a free entry line would be perfect:):slight_smile: thx for taking the time to develop this great app!!!

I just posted an article summarizing the 5 best diabetes applications for the iPhone:
http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/84404/54782/applications

I was happy to find Glucose Buddy for free in the App Store. I usually have my iPhone with me at all times so it’s not a big deal to enter my readings. I also like that I can keep track of food and activity.

I was also looking at logforlife.com and it has an iPhone interface. But for now it seems easier to use Glucose Buddy. I also like that I can use GB even if I’m not connected to the internet.

Hey Sweeter,

I’m glad you’re liking Glucose Buddy.
We’re getting so much positive feedback it’s really quite incredible.
We just signed off on an NDA with a large pharmaceutical company in hopes that we can make more exciting things happen for the masses. If you haven’t already, fill out the Survey…we’re donating $1 for every entry we receive. You can find it on http://www.MYLEstoneHealth.com

I just submitted Islet 2.2 for approval - this adds the ability to enter free notes for any data entry. Thanks!

-Mike

In iPhone update 3.0 Lifescan is working on doing something similar and you will be able to connect cable to meter and iphone to send result

I had originally used an application called “diabetes log”, which is easy to use and very striaght forward, however when I email my log to myself the data is very cluttered and not easy to read. About 2 days ago I purchased an application called “Diamedic”, which blows “diabetes log” out of the water. this application is easy to use, and automatically puts your logs into all sorts of graphs and charts. Id say go with diamedic… its well worth the 5 bucks

Mike-

Hello! I just downloaded your app, islets 2.0! I’m going to try it out for a week and blog about it. It looks awesome. I’m excited about the email feature.

Great, thanks! Let me know if you have any questions…

If you’re a fan of Glucose Buddy on the iPhone, check out our Facebook page and become our fan.

Here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Glucose-Buddy/62981842490?

We’ll be posting lots of pictures of the company, our team, and the mischief we get into.
Things should get…interesting.