Is anyones kids going to a diabetes camp?

hi my name is ryan hunter my mom goes on this website all the time i am her daughter. I am 9 years old and i am going to a diabetes camp and i was wandering if any of you guys have kids that are going to one too.

Hi Ryan-
I don’t have a kid going to camp, but I went to diabetes camp for 5 years when I was a kid and it was one of the best things I have ever done! I know you’re going to have a great time, you’ll make friends that you’ll probably keep for the rest of your life (I’m still in touch with a lot of friends I made at diabetes camp!), and it will help you in so many ways! I’m so excited for you! Have fun!

I went to diabetes camp the summer after I was diagnosed. The first summer I went, I wasn’t homesick at all. When I got home, I was camp-sick. I met my best friend there. We are still best friends, it’s been 16 years since we met. I remember learning to do injections in my butt, how to do injections through my clothes, and licking my finger after I tested my blood sugar. I learned a lot about REAL day-to-day management and I met people with diabetes who had been healthy and happy for 50 years. It was one of the best things that I’ve experienced, too!

Hello Ryan Yes both my kids go to camp and they have for a couple years now. They absolutly love it! It helps them accept there type 1 diabetes. I am also type 1 diabetic and went to camp as a child and wish i could still go:) I f you have any questions I am here to help sweetie. Take care from Jennifer and family

camp is the best place ever! i’ve been going to camp for the past 6 years and love it! im so excited for camp this year. have fun

Alyssa do you go to Clara Barton? That is where my daughter is going.