MDI- Insulin Pens -Novalog and Levmire
I think we first have to find out what you Know and Don't Know..and How Aggressive you have been !
1. Do you know what your I:CR ( Insulin to Carb Ratio) Is?
Such as: How many Unit's do you take to Treat 36 Carbs at a Pre 100 BG reading?
-And if you don't know the Exact # of Carbs, do you guess and eat it anyway? Or Follow the Golden Rule- If you Don't know the Total Carbs, you Don't Eat it!2.
- Do you Know what your CB Correction Bolus Factor is? To treat a 200 BG , 3 hrs or longer after eating?
2. When you have a 175 BG at Your Mealtime, do you still Eat anyway? Even if you take a CB for that and the Correct Bolus for that meal? Or do you wait until you get down to no higher than having a 150?
4. Do you Have the Correct Overniite Long lasting Insulin that when you go to bed you won't be higher than 20pts above your Bedtime BG?
5. Do you Test 3-4 hrs After you go to bed? and have a Prewritten Chart made up of how many units to Take per your BG's are above 120? and Keep soft Candy, like Mini 3 Musketeers, Milkyway for 10 carbs and Mini Hershy Bars for 5 carbs?
6. Do you Know how many Carbs you should take Before you Go outside and do Each Kind of Regular Physical Activity you do? and of course, you do Test Before doing so, right?
-I need Min 5 cabs or a Glucose Tab for every 5 Min for what I do..outside.. and to have at least a 120 before going outside
Otherwise? I stay Inside and wait till I do have those BG's ..Noraly 15 Min after taking enough Carbs..
Do you keep PreFilled Juice that is 15 carbs, in the Fridge ready to go for going hypo?
And if Have a family? Tell them if they Drink it? You will Burn their Fingers! It's like stealing a Man's Beer !
And do you Test 1 hr, then every 1/2 Hour after Going Hyper- with a 200 BG and taking a CB? To be sure you took enough and Not too much to go hypo?
-Do you have a SF( Sensitivity Factor) you use for Testing 2 hrs after Eating and your High( above 140 )? and then what do you do after taking that? When do you test next?
And do you really think your Basal and Bolus Doseages, All your other Guides will remain Constant forever? Not change as you gain even 5 lbs ? Guess they didn't tell you that did they?
This Disease only has One Function..It wants to DESTROY every ORGAN in your Body!
Wonder why it gets so overwhelming trying to Not just Learn all these things,but Always Remember and Apply them? and why over 75% Don't and Give up and have such high BG's?
Oh, nd Lets not leave out these Test meters- They can be over 20% inaccuarte at anytime.. and 10% Lower than Blood Plasma is .. Make sure your Metere is the Newer ones that Test in Blood Plasma at least..
I test the aaverage of 10x a Normal Day and 12x on active days and even more..
I will test even ore after I Go too high and it can take 3-6 hrs of Over Bolusing and Taking Tests before i get my 200 BG's back down to my 90's...
Being a Man, I take the Approach of Getting MAD and Attacking this Disease! Stick that Needle in you to Attack that Dman Disease! It wants to Kill you , you know!
And all this Only gives me an Ave. of 6% A1c's! all these yrs !
And if they Tell New Insulin Diabetics they have to Do all this stuff and More?
It would be So overwhelming they would Give up..
and Imagine telling a Young Girl or Woan she has to test 10-13x everyday Now? Can you imagine how sore her soft Fingertips will be in a Week? And Imagine the Cost to the Insurance Co.'s for all those Test strips? 300-400 Strips per MONTH!
Thus All this and alot more Secret Information Can't be Put into Books and Be telling the Truth ..of what it Really takes to have a chance to Control this Disease..
Let alone tlling those that have it? Don't go having Children until you go get tested for seeing how many of the Known Genes that cause it.. More are more app. to Pass it on than others.. and should not have Children..
And have you finally realized that the Medical Profession hasn't got a Clue how to Take care of us? Why they even bother sending us to Endo's, let alone most Nurses, haven't got a Clue.. and if go into the Hospital? Be Afraid, be Very Afraid they taking care of your Insulin Diabetes.. You'll be lucky to ave 200's all the time..
Scarey and Crappy isn't it?
And wonder why having a 120 is best vs a Noral Non D level of 80-90's? Because we can No Longer Regulate our SUGAR for Energy..
Thus why we are So SWEETER than Non D's...