Josh's Cheesy Wing Dip

Im posting this only because @MarieB told me to and @DanP taste tested and approved it.

here is what you will need

30 oz of shredded chicken. Normally i just take a breast and shave it up myself
1/4 Cup hot sauce I personally recommends franks or crystal’s but dont use Louisiana hot sauce. it will be nasty

1 cup blue cheese dressing or 1 cup ranch dressing (your chioce

8 oz of cream cheese at room temp. i use neufchatel

2 cups chedder jack cheese.

Directions

1. shread chicken and place it in a bowl, add the hot sauce and toss it, let it sit for 20 mins at least in the fridge

2. in a saucepan, add cream cheese and blue cheese, on low heat simmer until well blended

3. in a baking dish, spread the chicken mixture followed by the blue cheese sauce. Top with the cheadder jack cheese.

4. Bake at 375 for 30 mins until cheese is bubbly

5. serve with veggies, baguettes, or chips

Enjoy

3 Likes

wow, this looks so good! I don't see any ingredients that have a lot of carbs, either. I have one of those miniature crock pots for hot dips, it would be good to keep it warm.

Thanks Josh!

I definitely need to make this!!!

This recipe has become a staple for parties or get togethers with friends. They specifically ask for it :slight_smile: I make it probably 6-8 times/year. I kind of tweaked it a bit by sometimes using different cheeses, and I dont layer it I just throw it all in a bowl and mix it together, then bake it. Otherwise its fabulous!.

We were at a friend’s home this weekend and they had it. Everyone renamed it Chicken Crack! :slight_smile:

Chicken Crack, LOL

Here is Dana Carpenders recipe for

#Heroin Wings

Once you try these, you’ll understand the name—they’re utterly, totally addictive! These are a bit messy and time-consuming to make, but they’re worth every minute. They’ll impress the heck out of your friends, too, and you’ll wish you’d made more of them. They also taste great the next day.

4 pounds chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup butter

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  2. Cut the wings into drumsticks, saving the pointy tips. Not sure what to do with those wingtips? Freeze them for soup—they make great broth. Freeze them for soup—they make great broth
  3. Combine the Parmesan cheese and the parsley, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
  4. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you’ll still be scrubbing the pan a week later.)
  5. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.
  6. Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture, and arrange in the foil-lined pan.
  7. Bake for 1 hour,—and then kick yourself for not having made a double recipe!

Yield: About 50 pieces, each with only a trace of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.

ps. These don’t actually contain heroin and just so you know, Josh’s recipe doesn’t contain crack.

3 Likes

Yum…2 new recipes to try out!!! Thank you Josh and Brian!