Journey of The Red Rider

This past Monday I had an experience I had only read about. I was out riding my bike and got hit by a car. Fortunately she only hit by back wheel and sent me spinning. I was doing about 12 mph going through an intersection and this lady did not judge her distance very well. I knew she was going to hit me so I just got ready for impact and braced myself for road rash. I was ok nothing was broken the bike was even fine except the rear tire went flat and my left butt cheek and left forearm were scraped and bloody. I walked the bike 1.5 miles home and cleaned myself up and bandaged myself up and checked my blood sugar. Supprisingly it went down. I guess there is a first for everything and I am sure this time will not be the last. We as road bikers need to accept this as part of this passion of ours. I saw how she was going to hit me and thought of how I was going to fall and get out of the road. While the bike is in the shop being checked out I will be in the gym working on all those exercises we worked on at the Diabetes Training Camp. So all you out there who ride your bikes on the road please be carefull and be safe.

You know, there’s better ways to lower your sugar than getting hit by a car. LOL. I’m so glad that you are ok!!