Just because you don't see it

As a Type 1 Diabetic, as I am sure many can attest, everyday brings the challenges of dealing with a chronic disease. In many cases you are left to rely on your sense to help you manage your blood sugars. Well, when your senses don’t cooperate, Life brings on more challenges to your day to day life. I have found this to be most evident with Hypoglycemia. We Diabetics know and have learned to hate and dread the evil “H” word. I would challenge anyone to show me a Type 1 Diabetic who has never had a Hypoglycemic episode. For those who don’t know or have not experienced Hypoglycemia, let me explain… You can read the rest on my blog:

Just because you don’t see it…

Chris

I really relate to that. I have paid a big price with the loss of my awareness. I have passed out at work, home, while driving and other situations. I am also testing quite frequently. Around 12 or more times a day but you can’t catch them all.

I guess that is where I am different than many because a Hypo really doesn’t effect me until I get into the low 40s. ONce I hit that point, that is when the impairments start showing. I guess this is a good and a bad thing.