Landileigh

Hey good friends (Marie and all Admin, especially)…I just saw on FB that Landileigh has died. She was an early friend and kind-hearted educator for me here. I can’t write as I weep. Will check in later. Please put the word out as you can…Judith in Portland

5 Likes

Thank you Judith. That is very sad news.

1 Like

@landileigh was an early member of TuDiabetes and she was the first person that @askmanny (Manny Hernandez) this forum’s founder, asked to be a site administrator.

Unfortunately I never got to know Landileigh because her most active years were before I joined.

She was a TuDiabetes pioneer, this site would not be the same without her

4 Likes

May she rest in peace. Here we are in early 2008.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. Landileigh was one of the rocks and cornerstones of the early (Ning-based) TuDiabetes community. She was also one of the first and loudest voices for types of diabetes other than Type 1, Type 2, and LADA. May her memory be a blessing to all of us.

3 Likes

She was a FIGHTER. The last couple of years were particularly tough. Below is the last picture we took together during the first meetup we had after quarantine.

TuDiabetes brought us together. She was so opinionated, one heck of a Gin Rummy player, and a very loyal friend. I will miss her.

3 Likes

Mike, you looks spectacular. Landliegh will be sadly missed by many of us.

1 Like

Thank you for this…I loved her and always felt embraced by her great hearted approach to living her life fully and right out loud!

Truly love this photo, Manny…Miss you all…Judith in Portland