A couple people mentioned being interested as well in making this change, and since I forgot who they were I thought I'd just post my experience on here.
I started with the same dose I used of Lantus (13units, 2 doses) as most people said they made the transition at the same dose or at more Levemir. The transition has taken me 8 days. I started having highs including several well into the 200s. I started upping my Levemir dose. Yesterday to today it fell into place in textbook fashion. Tuesday and Wednesday I was doing 9 units AM and 7 units PM. My numbers were coming into range except I had lows in the early evening. But I still was running a tad high in my fastings (106-121). So I increased my PM by a unit and decreased my AM by one, settling into a perfect 50/50 of 8 and 8. This morning I woke up to a lovely 89 and today for the first time in 8 days my before lunch number was a perfect 82. So I've done an increase of 3 units which amounts to a 23% increase.
Now I will see how Levemir compares to Lantus for me in the longrun (my main goal was to stop the drift of my basals every couple weeks and maybe also keep my weight from going up - I've only gained 5 pounds but I absolutely want to keep from gaining more.)