Levemir vs Lantus insulin

Well, have you considered an insulin pump and use only the fast acting insulin dosed at say 2 units per 1/2 hour or similar?

I also had to switch from Lantus to Levemir because of my insurance. I'm suprised to hear that Levemir is supposed to be better for weight loss.
I'm currently taking 80 units twice a day and it's a real pain with the Levemir pens because they only go up to 60--so I have to take 2 shots each time (or recrank the pen while it's still in my leg)
My novolog is on a sliding scale: 1/4 for carbs and 1/30 for adjustments (BG above 120). I was on an Animas pump before my BG went haywire. On the pump my settings were 1/5 for carbs and 1/10 for adjustments. But it stopped controlling my BG and I was bleeding excessively each time I changed the canula.
I've had to switch endos and am going almost carb-free to control my sugars till my appointment. I'm pretty much living on tuna and eggs.
My body reacts inconsistently to meds and I have a lot of allergies (including some unusual food allergies) so finding a diet that works is really tough. I started out fasting on water and am adding one food at a time to see which ones trigger bad things. At one time my novolog was at 1/3 for carbs AND adjustments. I was taking doses as high as 154 units and it would take 5 hours for my BG to come down. Even fasting, an adjustment dose still takes 4-5 hours to work.

Is anyone else having such slow responses to novolog?