Libre2 Available

The new Libre2 is supposedly available with alerts. I just got sent this

Dear xxxx,

We’re pleased to announce that the FreeStyle Libre 2 system, a continuous glucose monitoring system, has been cleared by the FDA and is now available at most pharmacies.†

• Unsurpassed 14 day accuracy1 for adults and children with diabetes 4 years and older

• Optional, real-time alarms that notify you if you go too low or too high*

• Easily check your glucose levels with a painless2 one second scan instead of a fingerstick‡

• More affordable than other CGM systems§

At this time, the FreeStyle Libre 2 system is cleared by the FDA for a reader and sensor. The FreeStyle Libre 2 app is pending FDA review.

Talk to your healthcare professional about how the FreeStyle Libre 2 system can help you better manage your diabetes.

Questions? Visit FreeStyleLibre.us or contact our Customer Care Team for support at 1-855-632-8658. The team is available 7 days a week 8 AM to 8 PM Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Thanks,
Team FreeStyle Libre

This would still be reason to stay with dexcom for me, but I think future versions will eliminate need for scan.

1 Like

They don’t talk about calibration either and I know my endo is still skeptical how accurate it will be, She is a tried and true Dexcom person.

But importantly the Libre has been a lot more affordable for people that don’t have insurance to cover a Dexcom and now they will have alerts. I am looking forward to that on my dog. I have Miao Miao on her Libre right now so I can have alerts.