Life in Prison is OVER... NEW begining, for OLD diabetic ..lol

Hello to all

For those of you who dont know of my current situation, I have recently completed a 4 year prison bid in the federal system, undergoing tremendous strains on myself healthwise being a Type 1 diabetic, and otherwise. Going through a series of health trouble, including having a cervical fusion done while in prison, and sent on my way with no rehab, to get to the the 1.2 way house and realise that I have osteomilitis in my Jaw, having to get rushed to the hospital for surgery, and having to follow through with 7 weeks of IV antibiotics, not to mention the normal protocol that I have been catching up on, as it was a complete state of medical neglect while incarcerated..

Today I finally finished what was required of me to be freed from the BOP, and now am moving on with life chalking everything up as a learning experience, and following the daying whatever does not kill you, does make you stronger.

While going through all this I was able to maintain employment , and comply with all the requirements of the BOP, so not to be sent back to prison..

As of my latest bloodwork my A1C was 6.,6 which is better than it has ever been in my life. Due to eating as healthy as possible, exercsing, and keeping the faith , no matter how dark it got!!! It goes to show that when we as humans reach down deep, and fight for what we know is right, anything is possible and everything is possible.. I am living proof of it.

I would like to spend the rest of my life giving back to the Diabetic community, and along with helping those incarcerated, as our prison system is not just broken, it is non functional.. any suggestions, or guidance , feedback is welcomed, and wanted to thank those of you that have been there and supported me during these most trying of times...

G-D bless you all, and keep moving forward ,not letting any obstacles stop you, as Im living proof, anything is possible..

Keep on Keeping on...

Adam.. A.K.A Magic

6230-DSC01242.JPG (564 KB)

You sound optimistic and upbeat about what life dealt you and now how you are going to deal back. That’s very refreshing and uplifting. Here’s to you and all the successes you’ll have in the future.

ditto to what Cathy has said, sooooo… I always want to know what one eats for the day on this healthy diet. :slight_smile: as I have been eating nothing but crap and feeling pretty awful because of it.

Thanks danny I appreciate your support brother…

You are an inspiration to diabetics. I think we tend to underrate mental toughness - and brother, you got it in spades! Keep writing here - tell us how you got through 4 years, tell us how you got through recovery from surgery, tell us how your brain works…blog here, or anywhere. I want to know how to get mentally tough, and I think you have potential as a teacher.

i like your attitude! lol

A true person with character is one who can overcome adversity and still become a good person, achieve happiness and success. You sir, have character. Way to go.

Congratulations on getting your life back on track and best of luck! My only advice to add, keep a good sense of humor about it all.

Hey Adam,
Loving the positivity and drive in your post, I think every one has the capacity to dig deep and fight, diabetics have to use this capacity more often than not, but great things can be achieved.
With what you’ve learned and your PMA sounds like an first class tool to effect some changes in the system as you’ve experienced it’s inefficacy first hand, more power to you :0)
Keep on keeping on x