Logging/reporting bg,insulin, foods etc

Good afternoon all, l use the 530g with enlite or am back using and would like to get some ideas on apps, programs or whatever for logging my info and generating reports. I tried carelink when I first started on this pump years back and could never get to work. Have not tried again, yet. To me phone/tablet is better and more convenient.

I’ve used the mySugr app for two years now and really like it. If you are using your phone as the receiver for your CGM (I have a Dexcom) you can link the app so it imports that BG readings from the CGM. I do see Enlite on the list. I find it pretty easy to use for entering meals, blood glucose reading at the time of meal or insulin dose, entering insulin doses, activity, etc.

It’s worth getting the paid version and the reports are quite nice.

Carelink has been updated in the last year or so. It no longer requires Java Script to use. I suggest Carelink, and MySuga. Here are some other judged best of 2018.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

The problem with using Carelink is that you need Java (from last I heard) to get it working. It will not use Microsoft Edge or many other modern internet programs, because they are getting away from Java. I spoke to the Medtronic rep and she said that I should use Internet Explorer (I’m sure it’s still in the computer) to be able to get Carelink. Even though Java isn’t required when you try to get to carelink, the best thing you could do is contact Medtronic Customer Service and have them walk you through trying to use Carelink. I use Carelink because I can send the reports to my PCP, who doesn’t have the program the endocrinologist has to get my numbers directly from the pump. I hope this helps.

Java is no longer necessary to use carelink. The software was updated last year. Finally.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.