Long time no see

Well, I’ve been unemployed since October. Poor and depressed. and without insurance since January. I quit taking all my meds, and hoarded the metformin, electing to adopt a really strict diet to try to keep my blood sugar in check, It is really hard and temptation lurks everywhere. Even with strict eating, I can only keep my blood sugars at around 100. Most of the time I don’t do that well, around 115. I can’t get down into the 90’s or the 80’s. I am afraid that means I really am deteriorating. I feel upset about that, but there’s nothing I can do aside from what I’m already doing, and taking metformin would really only mask and delay the inevitable.

So, I looked it up and in my state I do not need an rx to buy needles and insulin. I’m learning now about dosing. What I am most curious about is where my insulin resistance is right now. I suspect it’s still pretty high, because despite the strict diet I am not losing weight. It could also be the still untreated underactive thyroid. But getting that treated means seeing a doctor. I can’t afford to do that right now.

I still do not regret rejecting the lipitor. I feel I am totally justified in that after seriously reviewing the medical literature. The only loose thread right now is blood pressure. I need to get one of those Omicron blood pressure taking devices. I am pretty sure it is still low, and that I still have white coat hypertension, but I want to make sure. I have been rejecting blood pressure medication because I do not trust they are using a proper size cuff on my larger muscular upper arm every time, and when I do get a proper size cuff my readings come in normal/low. But blood pressure in a serious issue, and I would find a way to afford bp medication if I needed it. It is a non issue. But I am still not going to take medicine I do not need. There is a size in centimeters printed on almost every cuff I have seen, I keep a tape measure in my purse to prove that my arm is actually big enough to require a larger cuff. I know my arm seems to be in proportion to me, but really it is bigger, and I really do need that big cuff.