LOOP and autobolus fork?

At work I can read the boards here between calls but no facebook.

I’ve seen a lot of chatter about a new fork on LOOP called Auto Bolus but can’t quite get my head around it. Why would you use it? How does it differ from the main production release that was just put out? Whose using it? Do you like it better than the main? Why or why not?

I have been using the auto bolus branch of Loop since January. I chose it because basal adjustments alone were just too slow for me. I absolutely love this program and my numbers have never been better with minimal effort.

2 Likes

Absolutely not, for me.

But, I’m all about safe experimentation and Brad, you are my preferred guinea pig to learn more. I wanna tell you to do it, just to see what happens, but I’m not gonna go that, lol. If somebody was gonna do it, I would want you to do it. But, that’s more of a “for the good of the community-thing.”

Since your home and not alone, I think your as safe as you could ever be to try it out. The only thing is - how long do you play with it if you start to read high? Like, because of risk of infection, I would wait until you have healed up a bit, like maybe wait a month before starting the experiment, just so its safe, and then cut the things off pretty quick if your seeing highs.

If you don’t understand it, don’t use it. There will be more written in time.