Low Carb Mixed Berry Muffins

What a great way to enjoy something sweet in the morning without the guilt!

Prep Time 15 min / Cook Time 25 min / Serves 12
SHOPPING LIST
Nonstick cooking spray
4 large eggs
2 cups almond flour
¾ cup sugar substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup blueberries
1⁄3 cup raspberries

1. Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 375°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add the almond flour, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt, and mix well, creating a batter.
  3. Gently fold the berries into the batter and fill each of the greased muffin cups 2⁄3 of the way full.
  4. Bake 20–25 minutes, until the tops of the muffins turn a light golden brown and a toothpick stuck into the center of one comes out mostly clean. Let cool 10 minutes be-fore serving.
    HELPFUL TIPS
    Any combination of fresh berries can be used, however, very ripe strawberries are not recommended, as they let out a lot of water as the muffins bake.
    Baking in a silicone muffin pan will ensure that your muffins release cleanly.
    Calories: 120 Fat: 9.5g Protein: 5.5g Fiber: 2.5g Net Carbs: 3g

Enjoy!

Sarah :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thank you, Sarah! I think I’ll give this recipe a whirl.

I wish that in addition to “Prep Time” and “Cooking Time”, recipes included “Time to Shop for All the Derned Ingredients that You Are Always Out Of” and “Clean-Up Time” (a.k.a. “Time Required to Nag Adolescent Offspring to Clean the Kitchen Already”).

1 Like

LOL, I have ALL the ingredients for these but I also have flooring guys refinishing the beat-up kitchen floor so no baking for me! :wine_glass:

PS @erice, these are gluten free! Thanks, @curlysarah.

1 Like

guess i try them,.

@rgcainmd lol, it all my mom do eric, Clean the Kitchen,.