Low cost BG to watch 35 dollars

So any of you looking for a low cost solution to stream your bg from your sensor to a watch you may want to look into the mi band 5. It is a fitness tracker but has a hack that also allows bg values and trends. You need to be using xdrip in my setup to make it work. You can get one on Amazon and eBay for around 35 dollars. This is also a full tracker for fitness, sleeping, stress apps etc. Also water proof.

1 Like

Say What?!?!?! Excellent. Waterproof? $35?!?!?

Assume setup is similar to how I display Dexcom cgm info on my Fitbit Ionic. Requires android phone running xDrip, which is paired with G6 transmitter (or G4/5 receiver).
Mine sends fitbit data to xDrip screen, and fitbit display gets BG data from xDrip.

I have a miBand5 and the step counter isn’t very accurate. The heart rate monitor on it is rubbish. So if you are relying on it to count your steps or measure your heart rate, a fitbit would be a better option (but its a lot more costly and I"m not sure supports BG from your sensor).

I’m not on xdrip (as I use iOS) so cant comment on the BG functionality.

Works great for me on all levels. I don’t have anything to compare it to for the heart rate. I really only bought it for bg functionality with xdrip.

3 Likes

Great pic! I was swithering about buying one but that pic has convinced me!