Making Everyone Feel Welcome

TuDiabetes is a place were we we want everyone to feel welcomed. It was for a long time part of our culture, we welcomed people to let them know that no diabetic should ever feel alone.

The practice of welcoming new members was started in the early days of TuD, we stopped the practice when we migrated to to Discourse because there was no place in Discourse to find a list of new members that could be seen by community members. Technical challenges put an end to the practice.

It has taken a while for us to overcome these technical challenges. It requires a little extra work on Admins part but we have found a way.

If you would like to be part of this effort you can go to the Welcome New Members category. There you will find a dated topic with a list of new member links.

Thanks for putting this together, Gary!

I didn’t at first understand to link through - although you clearly explain to! I was thinking this topic would pop to the top each time you added a list of new members, but I think pinning it keeps it there rather than bumping it every time a post is made.

I sent my welcomes this morning. Easy peasy!!

One of the things that impressed me most about this site when I first found it was the accepting responses that everyone gave to a newbie! I so like the encouraging welcome to community. Thank you. A small point: would you consider changing the heading of this post from “Making them feel welcome” to " Making everyone feel welcome"? The word “them” feels rather alienating and other, if you know what I mean!

Welcome to all our new members!!! let me introuduce myself I’m Doris D a long time member here I have always called this my family…now its yours too n ice to have all new members here

And nice to see you, @Doris_D!!

Yes it is

Yes I would consider it, actually I already have. Thanks @Wendy19