Medtronic 640g - Offical Details and photos

Pre-wedding party for males, John. The female version is a hens night. Usually involves lots of drink and high carb foods.

I wonder if I’m the victim of viral marketing here

tangerine is actually also from the UK, but awesome. i like his blog and his vlogs a lot. cant wait to get this pump myself, i am pretty jealous ;)

most color screens are hard to impossible to see outside. i wonder how easy it will be read the screen of the 640G. I struggle to see anything on the Contour Next meter when outdoors.

How is it waterproof if it uses the same reservoir connectors which permit a tiny bit of air to move thru the cap to equalize pressure in the reservoir?

most color screens are hard to impossible to see outside. i wonder how easy it will be read the screen of the 640G.

Agreed. I haven't seen any feedback on that yet. Maybe I'll try asking one or both of the channels created by the people doing a vblog.

How is it waterproof if it uses the same reservoir connectors which permit a tiny bit of air to move thru the cap to equalize pressure in the reservoir?

I didn't even realize that the caps were designed to allow pressure to equalize so I obviously have no actual idea.

However, there are materials which are permeable to air but which block liquids. This is how you can have a jacket which is both waterproof & "breathable". Perhaps something like that is used in the design of the caps?

-iJohn

boom boom. so my friend here in switzerland is already on the 640G!!
which means i am going to do everything to get it ASAP! fingers crossed :smile:

Details, please! How long has your friend been using it? Part of a trial or is the 640G now “approved” (whatever the heck that may mean) in Switzerland?

from what i understand, he got it from his pump rep, not as a trial pump.
he has just got it this week and blogs here: http://klaeuiblog.ch (in german, lol)
so far he is getting used to it and likes it. i guess i will post a lot in this thread in the next few weeks/months

Perhaps time to try out Google Translate and see just how much his blog confuses it. :confused: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Would you please ask your friend to blog about one thing in particular? How easy is it to read the color screen of the 640G when you are outside? :confused:

If this has been covered in any detail anywhere else, I have not yet bumped up against that discussion. Yet I think this is potentially a very important consideration to some (many?) of us. Despite its many other limitations, the grey screen of the current/old “pager” pump models was readable when you were outside in direct sunlight. No?

I would ask myself by posting a comment to his blog, but it would have to be either in English or, worse, in German from Google translated English :scream_cat: . I’m unsure what the online “netiquette” might be in this situation. :blush:

2 Likes

I too am VERY interested in how easy it is to read the screen outside. It is difficult to see my laptop’s screen, my Note 2’s screen (well, BARELY), my Contour Next meter’s screen ( nearly impossible to see the bg number, even when shading the screen from direct sunlight) …the ONLY color screen I can see outside is my Gear 2’s.

if you want to i can ask him, or you can ask himself, i think he understands english…
i am also very interested if there is an easy bolus like there is with this pump, i bolus almost alone with the easy bolus…

I also easy bolus. Didn’t MM used to call it “audio” bolus? Those kinds of unnecessary changes in terms drive me nuts. We learn all the nomenclature for something, it’s used for years, and then without need, they change the terms.

I can’t get any of the pdf’s to show up from this thread, on either of two browsers: Chrome, and Firefox, on a Win 7 machine. Anyone else having trouble? (I get a blank page)

same problem here with the files. sorry, idk how to help :unamused:
about the easy bolus: since i had a pump (2005) it was called easy bolus, no idea about earlier. i find the word easy bolus actually a bit more fitting, as i have my pump on vibrate and therefore cant “audiobolus” :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re referring the “attached” files in the original post, then I am having the same problem. My guess is that this is a direct result of the content not having been migrated correctly … or at all.

I suggest you “flag” the post to make the admins aware of the problem with it. I think they are trying to practice working with the way “flags” work in Discourse, so this would give them yet another opportunity for growth. :smile:

1 Like

I just fixed this. It was a mistake I made during the import into Discourse. Sorry! :blush:

@neillll, did this fix all the problems with uploaded content from the old ning or is it just in this instance?

This fixes all attachments like pdf’s. There is a job running right now that is cleaning other uploads that are currently broken. I roughly estimate that it will finish by the end of the day.