Medtronic Support

Any questions/concerns about the Medtronic 670g or CGM, feel free to ask!

1 Like

I have been looking for days for that recent paper showing 40% of 670g users quit within 9 months. I simply cannot find it anywhere. Its cited all over the place, but I can’t find the original paper. Anybody know if anything was published to accompany their presentation? Thanks
ENDO 2019: The Endocrine Society Annual Meeting.

Here’s one with link to original source

1 Like

much thanks, @MM1. Just in the nick of time! MM1 to the rescue!!!

1 Like

When I change my sensor. I am always high (313 4am this morning) when the 2 hour warm up time is completed and I am asked to calibrate. Is the pump infusing insulin when the Transmitter is recharging and during the warm up period?

I turn off auto mode when changing sensors. That way I can set a basal rate that will help me stay in range. For example, if my BG is trending upward or is already high, I set a temp basal of some percentage above 100 depending on circumstances. Of course, one must have a reasonable basal rate set in manual mode before this can be successful. I find that I am usually between 100 and 150 Mg/dL when calibration is required.

1 Like

You should check your basal settings and see if you are getting any insulin when you are not in auto-mode. Try to test your blood sugar before changing your sensor and do it during the day. Hope that helps!

I agree that auto-mode can get annoying, especially when your sleeping. The thing is, I try to be the best person I can be and do whatever it tells me whenever, and the reality from that is it keeps me so healthy. Because of auto-mode, my A1C has been below 7 which I find more important than being annoyed by my pump.

1 Like

Certain methods work for people while some don’t, but I am glad that it is working well for you!