MiniMed Paradigm Infusion Sets

I use the short tubing and I have started clipping my pump to the bottom of my shirt when I use the restroom. Yea first time I went to restroom with short tubing I forgot too. Or I will get up in middle of night and forget, quite a wake up call when you are doubled over trying to relive the pressure from the infusion set pulling.

I’ve been using the quick set with my 722. Love them. 23 inch whatchamacallit and a 6 mm cannula. I used the silhouettes for a while way back when, but when I was pregnant, I found it difficult to insert them. Ask for samples of both and see what you think.

Emma.
As you can see from all the replies, it all boils down to what works for you.
I started using the Silhouette and never even tried anything else. I’m thin so 13 years ago it was advised to me to use the Silhouette. The only problem that I have run into is either scaring &/or poor absorption. Being insulin resistant, I need quite a bit of insulin. My solution to the absorption - never bolus over 10 units. If I need, say 15, I use the dual wave(thru the wizzard). 10 units now and the other 5 for 30 min. I’ve used my entire belly, hip to hip, and rib cage to just below the belt line. Good luck with the new pump.
Dick

Hi Emma - congratulations on getting a pump! I have used Quick-Sets for the past 4 years and love them. With the Silhouettes, I found that my site would be really sore and bleed a lot after changing it. I also had problems with it ripping out of me (not sure why or how), but since switching to the Quick-Sets I have had no problems! It is definitely a personal choice and my best advice would be to try both and go with what you like since you can always switch.

Prefer the quick-set. Easy insertion, good adhesion, comfortable.

i have used both. and i like both. i like the quick set cause well. push a few buttons and you are done! and lets face it, who doesnt want something that easy!? and i like it better cause for me, with the sillouhete you can hit that little part of canala and, mann! it hurts. but i would try both!

good luck