Miss Idaho Inspires

Hi Guys
An absolutely amazing thing is happening in the #DOC at the moment. Sierra Anne Sandison, who became Miss Idaho 2014 and was diagnosed with Type 1 two years ago, showed her pump during the pageant. Now she is asking everyone to upload a picture of themselves showing off their pump, dex, or whatever they use to treat their diabetes on any social media platform like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram under the hashtag #showmeyourpump.

Many pictures have already been uploaded, and it would be so cool if you added yours! Wear your pump proud and loud!!!

Here is her facebook message:

There it is. I would never have dreamt of posting a swimsuit picture on social media, but diabetics from all over the country have been asking to see me and my insulin pump on the #MissIdaho2014 stage.

Honestly, it is terrifying walking out on stage in a swimsuit, let alone attached to a medical device. My message to everyone, diabetic or not, is that we all have something that doesn’t “measure up” to the beauty standards set by the media–and that is okay! It does not make you any less beautiful. We also all have obstacles, challenges, and trials. Diabetes turned my life upside down when I was first diagnosed. Don’t let your challenge hold you back or slow you down. Use it to, not only empower yourself and grow as an individual, but to serve and influence other people as well.

With that said, I have faced my fear of proudly showing my insulin pump! Now I want to see YOURS! Post your photo on social media (insta, twitter, facebook–make sure it is shared publically so I can see it) with the hashtag #showmeyourpump! The nationwide support from my fellow diabetics this weekend has been AMAZING! I can’t wait to see more of you guys!

This is not limited to just girls, or to people with pumps–I want to see YOU and whatever your daily battle with diabetes looks like.

All my love,
Sierra Sandison

Miss Idaho 2014

Follow me:

Instagram-@sierra_anne_nicole and @missidorg

Twitter-@missidahoorg and @sierra_anne93

and like the Miss Idaho Organization page!

Here's mine!

I saw the pageant live. It was so great seeing her wear her pump. I have type 2 and have been a advocate for many years now. It's wonderful seeing another Idahoan use the pageant system as a way to advocate for diabetes. I was so happy she won!! :-)
Jill

Nice pic swisschocolate! Everyone else too, thanks.