My Celebration of Life!

I wrote this blog a few weeks ago - before going on holidays with my family - here's a little teaser to get you started - if you feel daring enough to be whisked away to another page- go ahead - otherwise - you'll never know the end of my story - as this is only the beginning ....

" The one thing I am now realising is that this yearly cruise in a way is what other diabetics do for celebrating their anniversary of their diabetic diagnosis. It only dawned on me this morning (the reason why I’m here at my net book and typing this out – sipping away on my Americano - fuel for my brain). Taking a sip of the brew here – ahhhh. Since joining up to diabetic groups online only a few years ago, I never heard of a "diabetic anniversary". I mean, why celebrate something that you didn’t ask to be loaded down with for the rest of your life? "

Hi, Anna. Your blogs are always entertaining, this one is beautifully thoughtful as well. It is perfect for this holiday season that ends in the new year. (Sorry about those border problems.) My doctor didn’t have much hope for my living to be 21, and I can tell you I’ve gone a long ways past that. I’ve been lucky, even in dealing with Diabetes. I particularly celebrate life as each new year rolls around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours (kitties included).

1 Like

Trudy I was told 30. Buuut I’m still here! This site is great! We get the support we need and can vent at anytime. Thank you Anna for posting this. Peace is ours we just kinda have to do it in another way. (oh by the way I’m now 47 and kinda glad of that)

1 Like

Happy diaversary Anna! What a fabulous tradition you have watch year!

1 Like