My Father Passed Yesterday

I have just finished writing his obit. He died on Wednesday at around 7:30 pm., at home . As a family, we are standing together. We are sad at his leaving and not being with us.. But I realize and am so satisfied that he is now free from the constraints of a confused brain and crippled body due the ravages of Alhzeimer's. Now Daddy walks with God in His temple and can"behold the beauty of the Lord".

Thank you all, Tudiabetes friends, for your love and support.

God Bless You.
Brunetta

2926-HolidayinGAwinter201112027.JPG (254 KB)

Oh dear Brunetta, I'm so sorry:( Alzheimer's is a tragic disease. Takes our loved ones from us before they've passed on.

Brunetta, I'm sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's is an evil thing! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss, thinking of you and your family today.

I'm sorry to hear that Brunetta. I agree Alzheimer's is ravaging and best left behind...

I am so sorry for your loss Brunetta. I have walked in your shoes and lost my mom to Alzheimer's 3 years ago. Like you I was very sad but relieved when she passed knowing that she went to a better place.

Brunetta, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. And I'm sure what makes it even harder is that you had to lose your Dad twice.

Brunetta, my prayers are with you and your family. now he is with my dad, I know they are in their heavenly bodies, free of the pain, and suffering no longer.

Sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts. Great picture :)

Brunetta, my condolences on your loss.

I'm sorry about your dad. He is now with our Creator. my deepest sympathy for you and your family.

So sorry for ur loss Brunetta. We're always here for u please know that!

Brunetta, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. But like you I rejoice that he has now went home and is free from the bondage that he had in this life. Praise God for in his house are many mansions. Sparky

You said it best, Brunetta. Your father is now free to dance in the light, without the burden of an ailing body and mind. I felt the same relief when my mother crossed over, two years ago. We are blessed to have people to grieve over when they're gone.
May your sorrow be soothed by the memories which you can have forever.
I will be thinking of you, dear sister.

Ah, Brunetta -- feel the collective arm of TuD's members wrapped around you and your family, and may your coming days remain filled with precious memories of your father.

Dear Brunetta, What a wonderful picture of you and your father. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that you are loved here on TuD, and my heart hurts for you and your family. Comfort knowing that your Father is at peace. Sending love your way. xo

So sorry for your loss.

Brunetta, I can't say any thing that's not already been said so I will just say that you and your family are in my prayers. I hope that the cherished memories of your father give you comfort.

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry and feel for you. I do know the comforting feelings that come with knowing he walks with the Lord. My mother didn't have diabetes, but she had PSP, Para Supranuclear Palsy. Kind of like a Parkinsons on steriods. Kills you real fast once you are diagnosed, in like 4 yrs. It was awfull seeing her quick decline. Glad all the family was able to be there with him. Some people just will not let go while family are there. My brother and I saw her one weekend, were going to go back (he worked out of state away from where his wife and the nursing home was, and I lived out of state) and she was ready to go. Within a few min. of my sister-in-law leaving she passed away. We all were relieved and happy for her though very sad at the same time if that is understandable. It will take a few months, but in time with your grieving it will hurt less and less