My first bleeder

Had my first bleeder today. I started my bolus for lunch and in the middle of the bolus I got a pod alarm. I went to a small conference room to do a quick pod change. As soon as I pulled the pod off, blood started gushing out of my abdomen. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but it just wouldn't stop. I ended up bleeding all over my pants and had to use my shirt to stop the bleeding after overwhelming my alcohol pad. Once I got it stopped, I figured it was just time to go home. I didn't really feel like spending the rest of the day explaining all the blood on my clothes. Isn't diabetes fun? :-)

Gees, the crap we go thru. If people only knew. Those bleeders can be brutal when they just won't stop! For me, I figure it's made worse because of the baby aspirin I take every morning, keeps the blood thin but takes longer to clot. Nice to share with others who can relate to what you're going thru. Hang in there.

Yes, it is a blast!

Maybe time to start keeping a few Band-Aids in your kit?

Yep, if you're on aspirin and/or other heart meds bleeding is often a long fight to stop. I've had a couple too, but fortuantely they are rare and I'm learning where not to wear a pod. Good luck in the future.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like I'll need to add some cotton balls to the kit bag. :-)

Alan