New G4 Set up HELP!

Hello Diabetes Buddies!!

I just got my G4 Dex today and I am very excited about starting. I have a quick question. When I input the transmitter # into the G4 I didn’t wait 10 min after removing it from the package. I was a little over zealos and didn’t read all the instructions. But now the little tower symbol that is supposed to be in the upper left hand corner of the reciver is not there. Should I not insert a sensor until it is there?

Also side note: I called Dexcom almost 3 hours ago and they have not returned my call. Do they always stink at returning calls?

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

I did the same thing - didn't wait the full 10 minutes when I removed the transmitter. However, I'd already set the transmitter ID in the receiver weeks earlier so I don't think you'll have a problem. I really don't know what the 10 minute thing is all about. I believe that the transmitter doesn't actually power up until it's removed from the packaging due to a magnet. However, since the communication is only in one direction as far as the receiver is concerned it would just be out of range.

You might just restart the receiver and see if the radio symbol shows up.

Thanks for the help Mike. I succesfully connected to my G4 yesterday morning!!!

:)