Well, I can go back to the old version, but they have recommended that I not do that.
I assume because there are 5 months of bugs that have been fixed since July and I, essentially, undo all of that if I pull such an ancient version of the code.
One major hang up is that the new Dexcom transmitters weren’t yet necessarily incorporated into that version. (Although, I would pull from Late July to try and avoid that.)
If I move to a G5, that might not be such an issue. I dont think that Dex is as protective of their G5. Its possible that they haven’t been releasing a bunch of new transmitter models that will cause problems with the code. IDK.
There’s been so many changes to Dexcom software since then, I feel like there are likely to be problems. They are telling me not to live in the past for a reason.
The only alternative is to add different pieces together kinda piecemeal, maybe. IDK. We have so few loopers on Tu…but, it helps to talk through it.
They are recommending that I merge the old algorithm into the new code. I can try. But, its not going to happen today. So, I just returned to Omnipod receiver for now. No problems with that, so far. Its actually kinda refreshing to have so much flexibility again.
Whats nice about Omnipod is the pure, unadulterated flexibility to do whatever you want, whenever you want to. Its so refreshing. I never really had enough appreciation for that before.