New Member Here

So, I was just doing a search for a D related issue and the search results came up with something from here. I had never heard of tudiabetes before. I must admit, the functionality is impressive and the membership active and supportive. After lurking for less than a day, I decided to join.

Anyway, about me; I've been a D2 for 3.5 years and I have been medication free for the last 3. Just diet and exercise.

Anyway, I guess I'm interested in getting involved in a local support group (I'm in Orange County, CA) and connecting with other active diabetics. Ironically, it took me getting diagnosed to get in the best shape of my life. I'm pretty active and love to hear from other active D's and exchange tips, etc.

We all experience hardships, but we all experience victories (big & small) and I find a lot of that to be inspiring.

I hope that I will be able to learn a lot from here and to contribute in some way.

Wishing you all well.

- A B

Glad I was able to Welcome you. Lot of CA members here. Our Founder is from CA. I think if you look through the GROUPS you will find a lot of CA groups that meet. I am Type 2 85 Navy Veteran of WW2 and still going strong. Reed

check out those groups Reed told u about and Welcome to our family!

hi AB, welcome to the community! You might want to join our So CA group here
http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/southerncalifornia

I know there have meetups in that area. I used to live in Brea.

I wouldn't say "just diet and exercise," that's a big accomplishment! Welcome to Tu! While you are exercising.... http://www.bigbluetest.org/, we need 20K tests (test-exercise-test) by November 14, 2012 to achieve a great result for the community!

Welcome! I just joined a couple of days ago. I’m a t2 since March. I’m an adopted Californian, lived there from high school up to about 4 years ago. In fact, I lived in Anaheim for a while. Awesome to hear you’re controlling with diet and exercise. Welcome to the community!

Acidrock23, you are right; not "just" but you get the idea. Thanks for posting the link re big blue. I will make sure to submit some entries. Appreciate everyone dropping by and saying hello.

A B hello & good luck