New to all this

If actual freezing occurs (crystallization, in other words), insulin is usually ruined. As usual, the only way to know for certain is to use it and let your meter tell you whether it’s working or not.

Thank you

Thank you Tim

Thank you David

I can’t say which comes first, the chicken or the egg, same with Type2. Until I figure it out I will reserve my judgement. I will agree with your assertion that modern diets are to blame.

I see Type 2 as genetic in another way, I see the root cause of T2 to be a result of the evolutionary process, a process that has run a muck in our modern world.

Our ancestors did not have our abundant food supply, the most likely to survive were the ones that could easily store the body fat that would sustain them in times of scarce food. An incessant desire for food when times were good was an important survival instinct, those that survived the hard times passed this trait on to subsequent generations.

These days this trait is causing us great harm, mankind was not designed to live in such an abundant world. The trait still exist, we are not that far from hard times.

Instinct is something hard to deny.

2 Likes

I’d rather take a lot of pills than insulin. For practical reasons insulin management at work probably not fun. And monetary considerations.

1 Like

With a pump work isn’t much an issue for me. One finger stick before lunch and another around 2 hours or so. Usually one per-meal bonus and sometimes a 2-3 hour post meal correction bolus but rare for me. Most people I have worked with for years forget that I have a pump.

lots of good points . I have heard of a lot of people that did not smoke who got lung cancer and some people
who did every thing right and got diabetes so who knows.