New to pumping

Hi everyone!! I’m so excited! I get my new Paradigm Revel insulin pump next week, i can’t wait, Anyone else have this pump? Do you like it?

I haven’t used a Revel but I just started the omni pod last week and I love it. I had a cozmo pump about 6 years ago and had great success with control over my Blood sugar, I just couldn’t stand the wires and changing sites. I wore it for a year and was going to only take a month off to let my body heal from the sore spots the infusion sites were leaving but instead decided not to go back to it. I heard about the omni pod later that year and decided to wait till now to let the technology get more advanced. I can not speak for the Paradigm pump but if I was going to get a wired pump it would have been that brand. I decided to go with the Omni Pod however and its awesome. Next year they come out with the second generation pod which is 42% smaller and they will upgrade existing user for free or possibly a small fee. I am in the process of picking out a Continuous Glucose Monitoring system to go with it. A major advantage of the Omni Pod is that it is so easy to hook up and no priming or different parts like the first pump i had. It doesn’t hurt at all to put the cannulia in. You simply press the button and it injects the needle and pulls it out in a millisecond. I can’t say enough about how much better the wireless pump is for me over the last time I tried a pump. It is life changing. I hope any of this helps as I realize it is not exactly what you asked for but good luck none the less!

Congratulations!! I hope you like it as much as I have liked my pump. I’ve been pumping for 12 years, and wouldn’t go back to shots for anything (but WOULD go back to nothing if there was a cure, LOL!!)

Just remember that there is a steep learning curve, and BGs may be somewhat worse for a bit while you figure out how to use the pump. If you’re really lucky, you’ll have a doc or CDE to help, but not all of them are helpful. So you have to put all YOUR brainpower into it. The people here are great about suggestions, but you’ll have to figure out what works for you.

Onward and upward!! :slight_smile: Or maybe that should have been downward???

I have the older MM pump/ CGM model 722 and like it a lot! I hope you enjoy your new pump as much as I’ve enjoyed my beaten up old one!

Thank you everyone! From all the research I did this seemed like the best choice! Just wanted feedback to make sure.

I have been pumping with a Revel for just over a year now and I, Love, It. Good luck. It may be frustrating int he beginning with getting your basals set up, but in the end, it will be so worth it!

I have been using MM for 8 years and my new revel is sitting in a box in the living room waiting for me to try it out, but I am one Lazy Diabetic. Have had good luck with MM so far and great customer service.

Have the Revel and I love it. It’s very easy to use. Make sure you read “Pumping Insulin” before you start pumping. It’s a really helpful book and made pumping a lot more efficient for me. The first few months on a pump can be rough. I am very insulin sensitive so even minor tweaks in my basal rates caused pretty significant lows and highs. But it’s so nice to be able to have more freedom with regard to eating and exercising. I am a distance runner and the pump really makes heading out for a run SO much easier.

Overall, I’ve been really happy with Medtronic. Their customer service has been excellent (to the extent I’ve had to use them, which has been pretty minimal) and the pump itself seems very durable. I don’t regret my decision at all going with them thus far.

So far so good… I think we will be adjust my basal soon…had some highs but that could be the crab ratio is off. Reading pumping with insulin, reminds me of using insulin. So far I am loving it.

Have you done any of the basal testing yourself? I really need to be better about formally testing my basal rates. I’m too bad about just adjusting on the fly and seeing what happens. I know, bad.

I haven’t actually =( My CDE is in charge for now, and then I will test them once we set them right.