2 tsp. Taco Seasoning
1 Tbl Lemon Juice
Vegetable Oil

Sauce:
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp. Taco Seasonings
2 Tbl chopped Fresh Cilantro

optional extras: shredded cabbage, tomatoes, lime juice, green salsa, taco shells or tortillas

Mix sauce ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator.
Mix Lemon juice and taco seasoning and spread on the fish fillets. Put 1-2 Tbl of oil in a skillet and fry the fish until it is done, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up your taco shells or corn tortillas, if using. This is also good on a cabbage based salad. Top with the sauce.

Carbs are depending on the taco shells or tortillas.

Low GI Pizza base

I use any yeast risen pizza dough recipe, when it is formed into a dough I give it a light knead, coat a bowl and the pizza with olive oil, put the dough in the bowl, cover with cling wrap and put in the fridge overnight.
It will rise slowly while it is cold, bring it out about 1 hour before lunchtime, knead again and roll out your dough. Top as required. I use pesto and bococcini cheese sliced to avoid the greasiness and problems with tomato sauce. Because the dough is slow risen it becomes Low GI bread, which of course is still quite high carb,

Above I mentioned the the low carb tortillas from “La Tortilla” and “Mission.” These can be used to make a low carb thin crust pizza. Take a tortilla, brush with olive oil on both sides and cook in a an oven at 350 deg F for 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy and just starting to brown. That will seal it and dry it to get a crispy crust which is sealed against moist toppings. Then take it out of the oven, coat with sauce and toppings and return until toppings are bubbling. You don’t need the higher temperature as with most pizza since you don’t need to cook the dough just to heat and melt the toppings.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the recipes!

I feel re-energized as a cook and will try several of these!

Best wishes to everyone–cooks and consumers!

marty1492

3 Likes

i found your low carb stuffing recipe with a search. i am not stuffing the turkey- i will cook the stuffing (then called dressing?) in a pan on the stove- do i need to do anything different than what you wrote in your recipe? i would think i need to saute the mushrooms, celery, garlic, and onions before i add it to the chicken broth/wasa cracker mix- is that right? do you use dried herbs or green herbs? my cooking skills are limited!

I have just made this apple and cranberry chutney for Christmas. I know you are just over Thanksgiving in America, but this chutney will go with turkey, chicken and pork. Very little sugar in it, apart from the apple, so I am hoping it will not bother me.

Has a deliciously tart flavour.

1 Like

Oh @Brian_BSC - damn … trying to remember if you’re single (I’m not) - but if I was … I’d be moving in with you toot sweet 'cause your recipes rock!!! I will now go to sleep tonight dreaming of this salad … the post for your latkes …

I want to share this recipe How To Boil Chicken Breast I usually add any vegetables I have plus some cheese. I admire hoe easy and quick it is!