i recently found out that animas is going out of the pump business. ive been with animas since 2010 and the change is having me not sure what to do. ive been using the vibe which has the dexcom intergration. which i love as ive been on dexcom as long as ive been on the pump.
ive been looking into the metronic and the tandeom tslim x2 pumps. i decided i want to go through with the tandeom tsplim x2 pump as it has what i need and it still has the dexcom cgm in it. my issue of course is i have medicare and medicaid (Masshealth as my state calls it). according to the website for animas users its expensive. plus those that have the insurance i have and live in my state arent eligible. I’ll probably have to go through my supplier which is CCS medical. I go through a local medical supplier for the dexcom supplies.
my quesitons are:
- what do you like about the tandeom pump?
- did anyone have issues with the insurance i have in getting the newer pump and if so what did you do to get it covered?
- are there any downside to the pump?
- i see that the dexcom is mobile? what exactly does that mean and how does it work?
- anything else i should know before moving on from animas to the tsplim x2?
i think that is all of the questions i have right now. i just want to have the switch be smooth, etc.