Obama or McCain?

I’m with you, Scott! Well said.

I never considered casting a ballot based on being a diabetic. The larger issue of health care is important, of course, but as it effects our citizens, not me personally.

I’m an unapologetic liberal. Witnessing what has happened under Bush is a travesty–the end of the US as we have known it. I wish George would be indicted for war crimes, for a start.

Honestly, I wouldn’t vote for McCain if he promised to cure diabetes.

Obama definitely. I can’t stand Palin or McCain, I think they’re both bad choices as commander in chief for the USA. Obama is more likely to keep us in good around the world rather than going into more wars, more debt, and more disapproval/hatred with other countries. He’s also got a better understanding of how government actually works (though I will say that no one seems to remember that presidents DON’T write policy, they merely encourage and veto where needed). Another Republican presidency is enough to convince me that I need to move to Canada.
While I can understand putting health care at the top of my “key issues” list, my sociology-riddled brain knows that there’s a heck of a lot more to good government than that. Just my two cents worth.

the best thing about McCain is his VP? please…

Following are actual quotes by Palin during the 2006 race for Governor:

On oil exploration and drilling in the ANWR:

God made dinosaurs 4,000 years ago as ultimately flawed creatures, lizards of Satan really, so when they died and became petroleum products, we, made in his perfect image, could use them in our pickup trucks, snow machines and fishing boats. Now, as to the ANWR, Todd and I often enjoying caribou hunting, and one year we shot up a herd big time, I mean I personally slaughtered around 40 of them with my new, at the time, custom Austrian hunting rifle. And guess what? That caribou herd is still around and even bigger than ever. Caribou herds actually need culling, be it by rifles or wolves, or Exxon-Mobil oil rigs, they do just great!

On Alaskans serving overseas in Iraq:

Well, God bless them, and I mean God and Jesus because without Jesus we’d be Muslims too or Jewish, which would be a little better because of the superior Israeli Air Force.

On Creationism:

The simple yet elegantly awkward moose proves God’s creation and not evolution is the source of all life. How could something as oddly shaped and silly looking as a moose evolve through so-called “natural selection?” Is evolution a committee? There is nothing natural about a dorky moose! Only God could have made a moose and given it huge antlers to fight off his predatory enemies. God has a well known sense of humor, I mean He made the platypus too.

O…M…G… I need a t-shirt with a picture of a dinosaur that says “Lizards of Satan”. That is priceless, positively proceless. Wow…

lol, Obama! I am not sure if he can help with much…just like someone said earlier in this post it takes Congress and the Stupid Senate to do anything…

Hello people,
I know this is a very powerful topic, specially these days when the political campaign in the US is in full force.

However, I want to make a call to stick to the topic in question, namely “Who do you think will be a more likely to make us Diabetics lives easier? And why?”

Deviating from it, and even more, starting to call candidates on either side names will not help this topic live a long life, like it can (plus it steps into territory that violates the Terms of Use).

Hope we can keep a healthy discussion going about this. Who knows? Perhaps the candidates will catch a glimpse of it and we ALL benefit from it.

I apologize for being off topic, and forgetting to reply to the original question.
I think no politician is going to “make us Diabetics live easier.” I mean diabetics:
I believe its up to each individual on a daily basis to do that for themselves, and hopefully for those around them as well. Given that, a politician could help us diabetics live easier, through an improved health care system, and through the appropriate research, i.e. STEM CELLS.
I am pretty sure that one candidate is resistant to that research, amongst other things,
a laundry list of which I will not get into, for reasons suggested above. However, I am curious how my previous posting of Palin’s quote may be in violation of the Terms of Use in this context. Incidentally, I am of the opinion that humor is part of a healthy discussion…

Hello Manny,
i started this topic, to find out if any of the two parties had set something out, that would have any benifits for us diabetics, i do lean on the left, but i know that someone like Mike Huckabee would have as they say “Feel your pain”

so sorry if talk has gone a little bit in the name calling area, and your right diabetics are out there in large numbers, and iam sure Mccain and Obama have had family touched by it!!

It’s cool, GW. Actually, it wasn’t the quote that was a violation (as you can see, it was left intact). It was the name calling that was a violation.

And, for the record, if it had been done in reference to Obama or Biden, it would have been treated the same way.

Thanks for understanding, man.

Name calling, I missed that? I should check this more often…
The stem cell issue is key for me; it would seem the real only hope for a cure, despite the biotech business of CGMS and the ‘closed loop’ so to speak, which may be a step in the right direction.
Does anyone know what their opinions about this research is? Anti-stem cell?Nader?
I might write in a candidate…Bugs Bunny or Ozzy?

This discussion is being closed since the topic drifted away from the original purpose of the discussion and turned into a personal exchange.