Off the system

I am off the Omnipod and have returned all of my supplies. After a mind bogglingly unprofessional phone call with a VP at Insulet that literally left me shaking and 3.5 years and $40,000 I give up.
( $40,000+ because I am on a 2 day pod prescription not 3 day) There was no concern for my health shown . No attempt to save me as a customer. Nothing but name calling, accusations, and behavior and language more suited to a playground than a company.

Someone else here asked me for this link so here it is…

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/ReportaProblem/default.htm

Good Luck Brooklyn - distressing to hear you were treated so unprofessionally…

I had bad issues as well with insulet. Since my insurance company is Cigna and I have to use a third party vendor for my pump and pump supplies, Insulet does not warrant their supplies if they have been purchased through a third party vendor. I have to go to the third party to get any work done and they just said no to any issues I had. I went officially off the pod and back to my 2002 animas pump about a month ago. I have been using both for the past year. People do not understand the frustration when you feel taken and that a new pump is not covered until the warranty is up on the old pump and that is 4 years. Who wants to feel taken for that long?

Gee…so sorry you folks have has such problems with Insuletn…
As I have mentioned, I pay for them myself, out of pocket. I get them from Edgepark. NO, I am not rich! Fortunate to be able to afford it. I have had such WONDERFUL HELP FROM INSULET. They tried to get me covered with so many people helping. I can only say nice things.
It’s good you found a pump you are comfortable with. I really LOVE the Pod! I hope the smaller one comes soon!

Hey Brooklyn, so sorry to hear about your troubles. In the end, you have to be the one that decides what you need to do. I did the same as you.

PMG?!?! Do I want to get involved in all this. Don’t need more stress in life. 8>(

meant ‘omg’.

Brooklyn the treated me the exact same way. I switched back to my old animas ir1200 because I did not know if a box of pods had 10 bad pods in it or 1 bad pod in it and I paid the same no matter what.