Old timers of the original Tudiabetes

Let’s hope that Acidrock is doing well!! He knew a lot and was super helpful. Plus the term “endork” is priceless.

3 Likes

I joined in 2011 so I guess that counts as an “old timer”. Some of my closest D friends are here. Acidrock and I met in Chicago or Virginia (I can’t remember which). I met Thas in Chicago. I was hoping at some point to meet Rick Phillips (Rphil2) but so far our paths have not crossed. I hung out in the chat room with BagPipeGirl (Ellen Stevens) and Jrtpup. This was where I learned that vast majority of stuff I need to live and thrive with T1D, but I miss the “good old days”. I hang out more in FB now but still stop by every once in a while to read the occasional post.

7 Likes

Acidrock is alive and well and a member of various FB groups.

2 Likes

I came in May 2013.

Jrtpup, may she rest in peace, got me through my first Thanksgiving, explaining how to extend my bolus over several hours.

I really liked chat too and even though I hadn’t chatted in ages (hear years), I was sad to see it go.

1 Like

Yes I miss Barbara and chat too. She was so dedicated to teaching how to live well with D. I learned so much from her.

2 Likes

Unsure when I joined which D group. The first I remember somewhat clearly was a Compuserve Diabetes group. It was dial up and a monochrome green screen.

Been a long time since then. Lots of groups…

2 Likes

I was also a member of the Compuserve Diabetes group. I remember one of the members discussing his islet cell transplant which seemed to be very promising at that time.

1 Like

Been here since 2010. My how time flies! This website has been very helpful to me off and on through the years. Sometimes I check in a read posts just to remind myself that I’m not all alone in this. I wish everyone here well in their diabetes journey.

5 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I was very active during the “manny years” got into several heated debates with a few folks… always enjoyed a good verbal joust.

I don’t come here that often any more because I don’t see much of the old people. AS a Type 2…trying to find the “love” among the type 1 and can be hard. There is always a gem in a bunch of nutballs.

I assume i have moved on to other projects in my life where diabetes is not the mainstay anymore. but i am always available for a good verbal chat or joust.

Nice to see all the type 1 and others… i know I wasn’t the only type 2 in those days.

2 Likes

Actually I don’t remember my posted name, but started in 2010 as a well controlled T2, Negative experiences dealing with T1.s so I left. Now T2 for 11 years, Dx a1c of 12, last 9 year diet and exercise only 6.0. Back then the rule seem to be everyone should be on insulin. Proved that wrong

2 Likes

i was never a super controlled T2 but for the past 12 years I have had good times and bad times… I am in the bad times now. I rather miss talking to my old buddies from the old Tudiabetes. I have had plenty of interactions with T1’s that were not pleasant. I still feel they wouldn’t tell this crap to my face but be very happy to show this silliness online. Every T1 that i met in person was super cool.

I am trying to get back on board with the exercising because I don’t like the way my body feels right now.

I get the emails and, lo and behold, I can still log in!

10 Likes

Welcome back

I go all the way back to the Lehigh university site that became tudiabetes. Ahh the good old days

Good to see you man.

1 Like

Re registration at old email worked for me too…

After 12 long years (diagnosed T2 in 2007) and up to 4 meds near the end (metformin, farxiga, trulicity,and a secreteagogue whose name I forgot) My T2 diabetes is finally in remission.

Last two A1C were 4.3 (old high was ~ 7.5 on 3 meds).

We will see if it stays in remission

FWIIW, DS surgery is what did it. Radical, I know, but I was sick of being sick

1 Like

Great to see you @acidrock23!

I hope you log in more frequently - it’s always wonderful to see you!

Maurie

Did not know that, how great. I am a relative newcomer here but I love this thread