Omnipod versus minimed?

Hi all,

I’m a type one diabetic and I have been on the Minimed 508 pump for ten years. yes, indeed time to upgrade! I’m considering either the Minimed Paradigm or to switch to the Omnipod. In my profession I do not have regular eating times and I do travel a fair amount, so I have to deal with big time changes. Would love to hear your suggestions, experience and opinions.

Hanneke,

You may want to check out the Omnipod group here on TuD. They are a great resource for information, such as tips and tricks, how to wear the pod for working out, as well as other discussions about batteries, carrying cases/methods, etc.

I pumped a 508c for over 4 years before upgrading to the Paradigm for about 1.5 years. I made the switch to the pod just over 2 years ago. I’ve been very happy with the switch. Every pump has pros and cons, but for me, the convenience of the pod has been awesome.

I think the time-change issues would be the same for either pump (and depending on the difference, I’m not sure I have any suggestions about how best to handle those changes most effectively at this point).